Home > Knowledge > Content
Infection from makeup brush leaving young mom paralyzed
- Jan 09, 2018 -

Infection from makeup brush leaving young mom paralyzed

The Daily Mail Australia reports Jo Gilchrist started feeling pain in her back on Valentine's Day and it rapidly got worse -- "worse than childbirth," she said. She lost all feeling in her legs and lower body and had to be airlifted to a hospital in Brisbane for emergency surgery.

It turned out to be an infection caused by a drug-resistant strain of staph called MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) that she apparently contracted when she used a friend's makeup brush to hide a pimple.